Vegetable noodles with kale pesto…RECIPE
Suggestions of easy meals for lunch
- 3 small tomatoes, 1/2 sliced cucumber, 2 small tangerines, 1 home-made protein bar, 1 cup of soy yogurt with a few almonds and oats, water
- 2 hard boiled eggs, 1/2 sliced cucumber, a few almonds, 1 big apple, 1 whole-wheat tortilla with salad and humus, green tea
- 1 small can of tuna (in water), 1/2 avocado, 1 cup of salad, 1 whole-wheat tortilla, 1 banana, green tea
- 1 home-made healthy cookie, 1/2 sliced cucumber, a few almonds, 1 small tangerine, 1 cup of fat free Greek yogurt with frozen berries, green tea
As some of you have been asking for the cauliflower crust recipe, I decided to write it down; I hope this helps.
1) These are the ingredients I used: cauliflower, eggs, carrots and parsley. Of course you can skip the carrots or the parsley or even add other things.
2) Shred the cauliflower, watch out for your fingers, it might hurt a little.
3) Shred your carrots and add them.
4) Cut the parsley to tiny pieces, add eggs, salt and pepper.
5) Mix everything well!
6) Get your pan and heat up some oil – I used olive oil.
7) Fill the mixture inside of the pan, disperse it a little and put the top back on the pan.
8) Wait about 8 minutes. As long as your cauliflower crust roasts, you can make a nice cup of tea and cut all other ingredients that you want to put on top of your crust, be creative, everything is possible and absolutely delicious!
9) Flip your crust - It might be difficult and about to break – try to use a plate to flip it. Once you’ve managed this, let it roast on the other side for some more minutes.
10) Now decorate it with anything you want and enjoy this healthy heaven!
As a college student time and money are both valuable and sparse for me but that doesn’t mean I can’t eat great healthy food! Although I believe that food & nutrition is one of the most important things to spend your budget on, eating healthy CAN fit in absolutely any budget. All these meals are healthy, (mostly) vegetarian, filled with protein, easy to make and incredibly affordable! Best of all, they don’t taste like health food, they just taste good!
For more 15 minute meal ideas go here! :)
cheap, easy, and healthy
Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie Recipe | Tara Stiles Eats
Want a healthy and delicious treat? Tara Stiles’ strawberry shortcake smoothie gives you a guilt-free way to satisfy your sweets craving! Enjoy this refreshing smoothie as a snack or dessert; it’s like strawberry shortcake in a glass!
“It’s so good, it tastes like cake; and it’s healthy, and you can have it all the time!”
- rolled oats
- a cup of cashews
- a cup of almond milk
- two spoons of maple syrup
- cinnamon and nutmeg
- a bit of vanilla extract
Today I had cookies for breakfast. (What?! I thought you were trying to be healthy?) Well, I am and these are! They’re “cookies” made from just bananas and oats - so simple! No sugar, no flour, no eggs… thank you to The Burlap Bag for creating these! I love having these in the kitchen because I eat them for breakfast or as a snack and I don’t feel guilty for eating five. (That’s about half a banana and a third-ish cup of oats? Maybe? You get the point.)
This morning I was racing against the clock and rushed making these so I literally only used 2 ingredients. But before I’ve added chocolate chips and have since then started a list of different cookie combos I want to make. What is/are your favorite kind(s) of cookies? I want to add some of your favorites to my list. :)
Make sure your bananas are ripe! // The first time I made these I was so anxious to try this recipe but my bananas weren’t ready so it tasted a bit off.
You may need to add more oats. // This depends on the length of your bananas so adjust accordingly if the consistency seems too wet.
Add vanilla extract. // If the taste is too plain for you, vanilla extract can help add more flavor.